Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Punky Bear is 4!!

I can not believe that it has been four years since the nurse laid Adrik in my arms and I called him my "Punky Bear" for the very first time. Who knew that nickname would stick the way it has?! LOL

We had big birthday party for both boys and a couple of friends about a month ago, so last night it was just Keil, the boys and I celebrating. Adrik and Jantzen made their own pizza for supper (with just a smidge of help from mom), we opened gifts, ate dinner, attempted to eat the cake (fake buttercream frosting is so gross)and then played with the presents.

Here are some pictures. This gift is a bug collecting box from Adrik's Godfather, Patrick. I think it's safe to say this was his favorite gift and immediately after cake, Adrik had us all out in the backyard on our hands and knees searching for ants!
Image hosting by Photobucket

Here's his cake. All but two small pieces are still available for anyone who wants it--I'm fairly certain it's not going to get eaten here!
Image hosting by Photobucket

Adrik is officially in the goofy-fake-smile-phase! Here he is with his cake. (Oh...and don't mind his hair LOL Hair combing is such a battle that if we don't have school I sometimes let it go; and then forget about it until I see the pictures. I know, bad mommy.)
Image hosting by Photobucket

Blowing out the candles:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Okay, and now I have realized that I never posted any pictures from the day Jantzen turned 2. In my defense, we were on vacation in Arizona with Keil's family at the time! Here's a picture of where we spent the day:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Keil got very sick at the Grand Canyon, so when we got back to the hotel he crawled into bed and didn't move until the next morning. So, we had pizza, cake and ice cream with Kris and Tony and girls and uncle Kurt. Here's the cake. It was much yummier than Adrik's and with that many people helping eat it there wasn't any leftovers.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Here's Jantz with the cake; he was the most excited about the Elmo car!
Image hosting by Photobucket

And, finally, I just have to share this picture because it was just so darn cute! Cousin Leisel (who is Adrik's age) is the youngest sister in a set of 4, so she absolutely loves to be a "mother hen" to Jantz. Here she is feeding him his cake.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Well, I'm off to wake up Jantzen so that we can all go to the circus tonight. Adrik is super excited! Jantz doesn't really understand, but he's excited because Adrik is excited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! I can't believe Adrik is 4 already!
Brenda