Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Computer Time for Adrik

Adrik has recently taken a big interest in learning to use the computer. He likes for us to open a new Word document and then he sits and "types" for 20 to 30 minutes. It's been great for helping him learn his letters, because I usually sit with him and tell him what he's typing or ask him to type certain letters. He also likes to have me show him how to type certain words (lion, leapord, cheetah and tiger are the most common--go figure!)

Yesterday, I pulled up PlayHouse Disney and was showing him some of the games and activities for children in his age group. He took the mouse from me and said "I-I can do it myself, mom!" He's never used the computer at preschool (I asked his teacher) so this was his first experience with using the mouse, and I couldn't believe how well he has it mastered already! There's an activity based on the show Stanley, that seems to be a favorite. 'Stanley' is a little boy who loves animals (hmmm, I don't know why this is appealing to Adrik at all! LOL) and in each episode he learns about a different animal by traveling into their habitat through the pages of his "Great Big Book of Everything." In this activity, you get to choose an animal, and then an empty scene pops up with lots of different animal and scenary "stickers" around the side so that you can click and drag to make your own scene. Adrik loves it!

I took this video of him this morning. Jantzen loves to sit with big brother and watch too, but he's a tad frustrated because Adrik never wants to go to the games about "JoJo's Circus." LOL Jantz spends much of the time pointing at the screen and saying, "Jo-Jo! Brudda! Jo-Jo!" I'm sure it won't be long before he's figuring it out too.


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing

No comments: