We're heading out tomorrow to see the grandparents. We'll spend a couple days with Keil's folks in Crawford and a couple in Rapid City with mine. I hope the trip goes smoothly....Jantzen was diagnosed this morning with yet another double ear infection, and possible strep. So, he's on amoxicillian, and we're also pouring the elderberry extract and echinacea down him (and his brother, just in case!) Tonight we also used garlic and oil of oregano on their feet (adults can swallow these, but for little guys it's better to let it just absorb through the skin). Adrik thought it was hilarious, so now we're calling them both 'pizza feet' LOL The immune boost that these all give is just incredible, I just wish I'd started Jantzen's doses a bit sooner. I started feeling the same cold coming on 3 days ago, so I've been doing the echinacea ever since and the cold still hasn't really set in---so I think I'm winning the battle! I don't plan on going totally "crunchy"--(haha) but I am becoming a believer in some of these things!
We have a follow up appointment for Adrik's ear tubes with Dr. Beck in Boise in the middle of May, and tomorrow I'm going to call and have them give Jantz an appointment too. I'm so tired of him being miserable, and I hate the fact that he's been on antibiotics at least once a month for the last 4 months. His speech doesn't seem to be delayed the way Adrik's was, but Keil and I have agreed that at this point the tubes seem to be the better option. Surgery is obviously never the first choice, but we've reached the point---and after what we went through with Adrik, there's no point in delaying it any further! Now to convince the doctor......
Anyhow, we'll be back in a couple of weeks, hopefully with some fun pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment