Thursday, October 23, 2008

David Beckham They are Not!!

Adrik and Jantzen played soccer this fall. Now, don't get me wrong, they had a good time, and we enjoyed watching their games. They had moments where they really got in the game and hustled and had a few good kicks down the field. However....even though I'm a proud mommy, I can admit that some of their, shall we say, "passion for the game" seems to be lacking a bit. Jantzen tends to be distracted by whatever little song happens to be playing in his head at the moment and he often misses his opportunity to kick the ball (even when it's RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM AND ALL THE OTHER PLAYERS ARE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FIELD---but I digress) because he's too busy dancing a little jig with his eyes closed. Adrik doesn't struggle so much with staying focused on the game as he does with finding any level of motivation to actually run and do some physical activity. Oh well. The point at this age is that they had a good time, and surprisingly they both want to play again next year! Woo-hoo! :) Here's a couple pictures. I didn't get many because I attended most of the games without Keil (he has to work every Saturday) and Keison still wasn't walking for over half of the season. Being 9 months pregnant and trying to keep a crawling baby out of cold wet grass doesn't allow for much time to take pictures! (Can you tell Mommy really enjoyed soccer season?!)

Jantzen is in the blue hat.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Jantzen got stung by a yellow jacket during Adrik's first game (and SCREAMED at the top of his lungs for an hour--no, I am not exaggerating) and spent a majority of the following games very worried that it might happen again. Thus the pout.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Adrik on the run!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara can't say anything about you being mean - the caption on one of the photos of her sons says "run Forest run"