Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Keeping Up......

I'm so bad about that lately! Of course, the fact that we have no new pictures to post doesn't really help my motivation. Yes, you read that right, we STILL don't have our camera. If you are in the market for a new digital camera, DO NOT buy a Kodak. Supposedly, we should have our new one in the next two weeks. I'm just praying it gets here before Keison does. We did take pictures of the boys birthdays on our old camera, but my tailbone is too sore to sit here long enough to scan and upload all of them. Sorry. You'll just have to find some way to forgive the enormously miserable pregnant woman in charge of this blog.

So, a little update. Adrik graduated from PK-4 a couple of weeks ago. He was quite proud, as were we, but he's already bored with being out for the summer. He had his 5-year/kindergarten well child checkup with his pediatrician today. He weighs 45 pounds, is 44.5 inches tall, and is in excellent health. He had to pee in a cup, which I do believe was the highlight of his day. He was also made to suffer through 3 shots, after which he promptly announced that he no longer wanted to go to Kindergarten. He's all better now though.

Jantzen has totally thrilled his mommy and daddy by FINALLY finishing the potty-training process. YAY---we will NOT have two in diapers this time around (we did that for 18 months after Jantz was born and it was not something I was looking forward to repeating!) Jantz has also amazed us by learning all of his letters and their sounds right along with his big brother. He LOVES to talk and does so non-stop. The child literally never shuts his mouth from the time he wakes up until he nods off to sleep. At least we always know where he is!

Keison is due to arrive anytime in the next 3 to 6 weeks. We're just hoping he hold off until July. I've been have TONS of preterm labor and a lot of pain with my left kidney (as I did with Jantzen) so I'm feeling ready to be about done. This little boy seems large and strong to me. I definitely feel him moving and stretching MUCH more than I did with either of the other two boys, which leaves me wondering about this little guy's personality!

We are currently awaiting news on yet another transfer possibility. The up and down of this roller coaster is about to drive us (and our families) crazy, so that's about all I'm going to say for now. We should have an answer around the first of July. Actually, there are two positions opening in the same office and if the first one doesn't go through we will hear on the second one sometime in the first half of August. We'll keep you posted.

We've been doing a LOT of work around the house lately. The impending arrival of the baby and the possibility of needing to sell the house for a move seems to have finally motivated us a bit. The bathrooms are all getting complete make-overs and two of them are almost done---we just need to install new faucets. Keil's bathroom is in the middle of being painted, but should only take another day or two to wrap up. The big boys room and the nursery have both recently been repainted and Keil is making steady progress on the 5th bedroom. Hopefully our motivation continues and we will finish everything up by the end of the summer!

Well, if all goes as we've been told it will, I should be able to post some new pictures of the boys within the next couple of weeks. Keil is also threatening to take some "belly" pictures as we've never done that we either of the other pregnancies and this is definitely the last. I may have to hide the camera from him until after the baby arrives..........

No comments: