Monday, November 20, 2006

It's Been a While

Our $400 camera, which is--of course--2 months past it's warranty, has quit working. Grr. We don't even have pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes. :( But, I do still plan to take pictures of them in their costumes once it is fixed,and we do have video of them. Last month, the boys and I traveled to South Dakota. Adrik and Jantz stayed the whole weekend all by themselves with Grandma and Grandpa Schmidt while I went on to Lincoln, Nebraska for a friend's wedding. I had fun and the boys had a BLAST! Apparently, they never even asked for me in the 4 days I was gone. Which, makes me feel good, that they were happy.....but also made me feel a bit....unnecessary. lol Here are some pictures that Amanda and Jonas took of the cousins in Canyon Lake Park.







After I got back to Rapid City, the boys and I went down to Crawford and saw Keil's parents. We had a birthday party for Grandma Fisher while we were there, the boys thought it was GREAT fun to make and decorate the cake and hang balloons and streamers all over the kitchen. Here's a few pictures:








This past weekend, Keil and the boys went to Wyoming to help his sister's family build their new house. I flew off to Vegas with my roomate from college and we had a GREAT time! We had tickets to the Comic Relief show on Saturday night, hosted by Whoopi Goldberg, Billy Crystal and Robin Williams. Some of you may have seen it on HBO or TBS. Our seats were in the VERY last possible row, as far away from the stage as you could get. LOL But, that ended up working out great, because about an hour before the show was over, we were told to head downstairs. Apparently, the show was running long and and people were leaving to attend other shows, so they needed to fill in the seats. We were seated in the 10th row, center stage!!---$4000 seats!!!! It was so cool, to be just feet from people like Bill Maher, Roseanne Barr, Ray Romano, Sarah Silverman, George Lopez, Billy Crystal, Robin Williams, Rita Rudner, the Entourage cast, the guys from Desperate Housewives, Paula Abdul, Whoopi Goldberg....I could go on and on! Very FUN! Anyhow, here are some pictures from that trip-from my friend Amy's camera.

Our first day, drinking margaritas at the Comedy Festival Village outside of Cesear's. (Yes, mine was virgin!)


Amy with a naked guy. LOL


We went to an oxygen bar. Even though we looked goofy, the stuff makes you feel great!



New Year's attire:


We also got matching Henna tattoos (which means they'll wash off in about 3 weeks) These are the Chinese symbol for friend. Very appropriate. :)



All dressed up for Comic Relief.



Amy had to have a yard margarita. Oh, and she really wasn't drunk.....yet. I told her to pretend she was for the picture. She did a pretty good job at pretending, don't you think? LOL Next time I'm having one too!!



Oh, and we saw Elvis!



It was a very fun weekend! I'm hoping to get our camera fixed soon. We'll just be staying home for Thanksgiving, my folks will be out for Christmas. I hope you all have a happy holiday this week.