We also got a second offer on Friday; when it rains it pours! This offer wasn't as great, but it's nice to know it's out there; just in case! Please say a prayer for us that all goes smoothly; the house has been on the market for 21 months now and is costing us a fortune!!
The boys change everyday, which I'm told is normal at this age; but doesn't make it any less exciting or sad at the same time! Adrik's speech is amazing. He is talking in full paragraphs now and sounds so grown up. His newest favorite saying is "Let's Rock and Roll, Momma!" (Maybe he's been watching a bit too much Bob the Builder...) Some of his other recent quips have included telling Keil as Keil was about to come upstairs for supper, "Let's watch a movie together, you don't want to go eat rice!" The other night, I was laying on the floor and both boys were jumping on me. Adrik announced, "It's two boys workin' Momma over!" Then, he decided to ride on my back while I crawled around like a horse. He informed me, "I'm going to clean you up, you look pretty bad!" (As if I needed to hear that from a 2 year old boy!)
Jantzen is also talking up a storm! He can now say Mama, Dada, Baba (brother), Muh-Muh (more), Ay-a (all done or gone), uh-uh (uh-oh), bye-bye, ba-oo (balloon). Because Adrik talked so much later, we find that we have to keep reminding ourselves that Jantzen isn't a genius; he's in the normal ranges!!
We had a great birthday party for the boys on Wednesday night. My friend from highschool, Mandie, has recently moved back here with her husband and 3 children (Jacob, Matthew and Abby) from Georgia. We decided that since her two boys and our two boys will all be celebrating birthdays in March and April (some within days of one another!) that we would just have one big party for all of them. Mandie also has a one year old daughter, and we had one other little girl join us. We had the party at Artic Circle, and a great time was had by all. The party was a train theme (by Adrik's request!). We made an adorable (if I do say so myself!) train cake, with a seperate "car" for each birthday boy. Here's a link to an album of pictures at shutterfly. (FYI: Once you click on it, you will be directed away from our site.)
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANWbJixcOG7ng
Also, here are the boys birthday portraits. In Jantzen's, we had just asked him how old he was.


We will be heading to Chadron in two weeks, and are anxious to see family and friends!! The boys and I may stay quite a while in order to be around for the house closing (the buyer is pushing to close on April 29th!), but we're not sure about that yet. We'll keep you all posted!

1 comment:
What a birthday party!! You make it such fun to keep in touch. I can't wait to see you in person!
Post a Comment